Blogging Reprieve

I no longer have the time to keep up 2 separate blogs! If you'd like to see what I'm up to -- please visit me over on my other blog:

Some of My Favorite Books

Happy Blogging!
*hugs*

8.24.2009

Mailbox Monday

If you're new to Mailbox Monday, it's a meme I came across on Marcia's blog, The Printed Page. Here's what Maria has to say: Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count, eBooks & audio books do). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. It's really cool! I love reading everyone's comments/blog posts to see what book they've received.

Here's mine for Aug. 16 - 22:


Talking to the Dead by Bonnie Grove
(compliments of Kara's giveaway @
Kara Down Under)



From BookMooch:

Love Finds You in Liberty, Indiana by Melanie Dobson
The Marriage Mishap by Judith Stacy
The Hired Husband by Judith Stacy



From PBS:

Maggie's Beau by Carolyn Davidson
The Texan by Carolyn Davidson
One Starry Christmas by Carolyn Davidson,
Carol Finch & Lynna Banning
Wyoming Wildfire by Elizabeth Lane



Loves Me, Loves Me Knot by Heidi Betts
Tangled in Love by Heidi Betts
Bending the Rules by Susan Andersen
Some Girls Do by Leanne Banks


Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella
With or Without You by Carole Matthews
Diary of a Working Girl by Daniella Brodsky
Baby Proof by Emily Giffin
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Girls' Night In by Meg Cabot & other authors
Speechless by Yvonne Collins & Sandy Rideout
Inappropriate Men by Stacey Ballis



Leather and Lace by DiAnn Mills
Patterns of Love by Robin Lee Hatcher

I will be posting some of these books to my Inventory/Bookshelf on my book-swapping sites, so be sure to watch for them (username: sugarandgrits)...I hope to start posting books again in September. I had to stop for a couple of weeks ~ the expenses for mailing books add up fast!

Please join in the fun by either posting a comment, or a link to your blog, with your list of books that were in your mailbox last week. Thank you for dropping in!

4 comments:

  1. All these books look great! Have you read the Shopaholic books yet, they're really good!! I hope you review Talking to the Dead! I wanna know how it is! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't read the Shopaholic books yet. I did watch "Confessions of a Shopaholic" ~ it was great! :)

    I'll be sure to let you know what I think about Talking to the Dead, as soon as I read it. LOL

    I just started Montana Rose today ~ so far, I like it, but I'm only thru the first chapter or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any preference between PBS and BM?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth Ann!

    At first, I didn't know if I was going to like PBS...now that I've been using it...I think I like it better than BM. I like the forums on PBS, and they seem to offer a lot of the newer books more often than BM.

    Which do you prefer?

    Thanks for dropping in!

    ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete